Connect Branch and Vibes to enable a seamless SMS-to-app linking experience.
This guide will walk you through how to set up your SMS campaigns with Vibes using Universal Email to automatically convert your SMS links into multi-platform deep links.
Universal Email 可让您自动将短信链接转化为多平台的深度链接，这些链接可将用户直接带到移动设备上应用中的内容，同时仍为没有该应用的台式机和移动用户保持相同的网页端体验。
- User clicks on a link in an SMS
- If the user has the app installed and the link has a corresponding screen in the app, the app will open and deep link the user to the right content.
- Ex. Product detail page, category shopping page, etc.
- If the user does not have the app installed or the link only corresponds to a screen on the web, the user is routed to the website using their default mobile web browser.
Branch's Universal Email requires the following roles involved in order to enable:
- CRM/Email Team
- Vibes Account Manager / Support Team
In order to enable Vibes, you need to have completed the following:
- Admin access to your Branch Dashboard.
- Enabled Universal Email for your Branch account.
- Contact your Branch account manager or visit https://branch.io/pricing
- Implemented the Branch SDK into your mobile app (iOS | Android)
- Set Up Deep Link Routing. How your mobile app routes to in-app content will determine how you will create and tag your Branch Links.
- Obtained or set up your Vibes click tracking domain (CTD). Reach out to your Vibes account manager for assistance on this.
Connect Vibes Service in Branch
In the Branch Dashboard in Email → Manager tab, find Vibes and click Enable
Input Click Tracking Domain
The Vibes integration requires you to provide the following:
- Click Tracking Domain - The domain you use with Vibes for links in SMS
For additional help, please contact Vibes Support.
Click Tracking Domain
https://when adding your click tracking domain.
- Never add the same CTD to both your Live and Test Branch environments.
- You can enable the integration with multiple CTDs, if needed, but you cannot add the same CTD to multiple Branch Dashboards or ESP integrations.
Configure your App
Add your Vibes CTD to your Associated Domains
For your iOS App, you must add the CTD to the Associated Domains. Additional details can be found here.
添加处理 Web-Only 内容应用代码
If you have links to content that exist only on the web and not in the app (for example, a temporary marketing webpage that isn't in the app), then this code snippet will ensure all links that have not had deep linking script applied will open in a browser. Details can be found here.
Additionally, you will need to add the CTD to your iOS app's info.plist file. Additional details can be found here.
Point DNS CNAME to Branch
请按照网络托管提供商的说明进行操作，用以配置 DNS CNAME。
Update the DNS CNAME and point it to
thirdparty.bnc.lt. Once the CNAME record is added, please allow up to an hour for Branch to generate SSL and AASA files for your click tracking domain.
重要的 CNAME 信息
- 添加 CNAME 之前，必须启用 Branch 操作后台 (Dashboard) 并反映 CTD。
- 如果 CTD 已经有 SSL 设置，请确认您的安全凭据是否允许第三方代表域提交 CSR。如果不是，请与 Branch 的支持团队联系，以协调向 Branch 手动提供 SSL 证书。
- 添加 CNAME 之后，Branch 会为您的点击追踪域自动生成 SSL 证书和 AASA 文件。更改 CNAME 之后，最多可能需要一个小时才能解决 SSL 错误。在这段时间内，点击追踪域上的链接重定向将重定向至帐户的常规配置部分中提供的默认 URL 。
- 如果您要对具有活动电子邮件点击流量的实时域进行此更改，请将 CNAME 更改安排在点击流量较低的非工作时间内进行。
Add Branch Links to your SMS Campaigns
Before you start setting up your SMS campaigns, you need to determine what flow you want the user to experience and flag your links accordingly.
Add Deep Linking Flag
For the links that you would like to deep link to content, add
$deep_link=true to the URL as a query parameter, for example:
<a href="links.example.com?$deep_link=true" >Link to your app!</a>
这样可以确保将您的链接转化为可以在 iOS 和 Android 上打开应用的Branch Link，并具有完整的追踪和归因。
Add Web-only Flag
In order for your app to know that the email link should bounce to web after opening the app, add
$web_only=true to your links as a query parameter, for example:
<a href="links.example.com?$web_only=true" >Link to your app!</a>
Branch 操作后台 (Dashboard) 上的分析
To see how the email campaigns have performed and break it down into campaigns, it is very essential to tag your email links with the ~campaign tag. If your team uses UTM tags, Branch will also ingest the UTM_campaign tag. This will help dedupe the numbers and hence see the downstream events. You can add the campaign tag in any comparisons and filters in any Dashboard views.
Updated 2 months ago