Google Ad Manager is a comprehensive hosted ad serving platform that streamlines your ad management, whether you deliver ads to websites, mobile webpages, mobile apps, games, or a combination. Ad Manager offers a complete toolkit to manage your ads for a multi-screen audience, including:
- One central place to traffic all of your ad networks, apps, games, and sites.
- Advanced forecasting to give you a better sense of how many impressions you will have available to sell to your direct advertisers.
- Total revenue optimization that allows Google AdSense and Google Ad Exchange to compete against other networks in real-time, so you'll get the most revenue for every ad impression.
DEVELOPER MAY BE REQUIRED
The following Universal Ads prerequisite includes providing URI schemes and other components that may require a developer:
The following Universal Ads prerequisites involve app code changes:
To manually add a custom partner in your Branch dashboard:
- In the left-hand navigation, under Channels & Links, click on Ads and then Partner Management.
- On the Partner Management page, under More Ad Partners, click Add Custom Partner.
- In the Add New Custom Partner modal, provide a clearly identifiable name, such as Google Ad Manager
- Click Save and Enable.
In Google Ad Manager make sure to replace Branch Campaign Macros with the related Google Ad Manager Macros listed here.
Important notes about Google Ad Manager macros
- Macros are case-sensitive. Use
- Unescaped and escaped macro versions expand differently. Learn more
- Ad Manager inserts macros automatically for third-party creatives or VAST tag URLs if Ad Manager recognizes the third party. For custom creatives and creative templates, you need to add the macros manually. If you are unsure where to place a macro, contact your creative vendor."
After all modifications are done, input the Branch ad links into the related Ad Creative fields in Ad Manager 360:
- Click-through URL
- Third-party impression tracking URLs (optional)
Make sure to hit the TEST Button and verify the links are working before pushing the campaign live.
The basic differences between Google Ad Manager (ad server) and Google AdSense (ad network):
Google Ad Manager
You can traffic other ad networks or directly sold ads
You only have to place the tags on your pages to see ads
YES, if you allow Google AdSense to show through Ad Manager
You can make Google AdSense compete with other ad networks to maximize your revenue
You can have a consistent reporting among all ad serving activities
You will be paid by Ad Manager / Google AdSense
NO, payments come from your advertisers or ad networks, such as Google AdSense
You can append macros to your Branch Link that will be tracked with Branch and Google Ad Manager. Branch supports the following Campaign specific parameters:
Ad unit ID
Ad unit name
Ad set ID
Ad set name
Updated 5 months ago
|Testing Universal Ads Campaign Setup|
|Create Ad Links|
|Paid Ads Analytics|