Braze unites data, teams, and technology to create brilliant brand messaging experiences for customers everywhere.
EVENTS SENT TO DATA PARTNER
The events Branch sends to third party data tools varies based on the events the partner supports as well as whether or not you've implemented the Branch SDK to measure said events.
Braze supports the following events:
METADATA SENT TO DATA PARTNER
The metadata Branch sends to third party data tools varies based on the data the partner supports as well as whether or not you've implemented the Branch SDK to measure said data.
|Branch Analytics Tag||Braze Data Placeholder Tag|
1. Complete Data Integration Prerequisites
- Implement the Braze SDK
- Make sure to follow the steps in Braze's documentation here.
2. Retrieve Keys/Credentials from Your Partner
Before you can enable the integration in your Branch dashboard, you need to retrieve your credentials from your Braze account.
Branch requires these credentials to not only authenticate, but to ensure your Branch data is being sent to the correct account.
Branch requires the following credentials:
- API Key
- Braze REST Endpoints
To find your Braze API Key:
- On the Braze dashboard, navigate to the App Settings section, and click 3rd Party Integrations.
- From there, grab your API key (this will be the same for all attribution partners listed on the page).
To find the correct Braze REST Endpoint, please refer to Braze's documentation.
3. Enable the Integration
To enable the integration:
- In the left-hand navigation, under the Exports section, click Data Feeds.
- On the Data Feeds Manager page, click the Data Integrations tab at the top.
- Search for and click on your data partner.
- Provide the necessary credentials on the data partner's Export page.
- Click Enable.
4. Pass ID/Metadata to Branch
Braze requires you to pass through the correct identifiers to the Branch SDKs. In order to do so, retrieve the ID from the Braze SDK and pass this value to Branch using the following method:
setRequestMetadataKey()method of the Branch SDKs:
NOTE This is only required for Android. You must set the correct key before calling
sessionBuilder()...init(). You must also initialize the Braze SDK before setting the request metadata in the Branch SDK.