NativeLink™ is an innovation from Branch that bridges the gap created by Private Relay with an on-device solution that does not require the use of an IP address for deferred deep linking. Since NativeLink™ is opt-in by default, individual users are in full control of their privacy options.
With no unique personally identifiable information required, there is no privacy tracking risk with NativeLink™. It works by utilizing the native copy and paste functionality already built into the phone.
- User clicks a Branch Link
- User's web browser opens and the user will see the new NativeLink™ experience; a blue call-to-action button
- Once clicking on the blue call-to-action, the URL location is copied to the clipboard
- User is then brought to the App Store to download the app.
- After installation, NativeLink™ will check the clipboard for the URL and process it for deep linking
Developers knowledgeable with Mobile Development is required.
1. Make sure your Branch iOS SDK is v1.39.4+
Ensure that your mobile app is set up for deep-linked routing from Branch Links
Please follow the instructions in our developer documentation for implementing the single line of code.
3. Toggle NativeLink™ on in the Branch Dashboard
Select your audience rule.
Branch Link creation options:
Additional information on configuring your Branch Link can be found here.
Because enabling and using NativeLink™ requires iOS development resources, you can find our NativeLink™ testing & troubleshooting steps in our developer documentation.
Updated about a month ago