Legacy TikTok Integration vs. SAN Integration
If you already have the ads legacy integration for TikTok For Business enabled, please follow the specific steps to migrate to the SAN integration in the TikTok Ads Legacy Integration to SAN Migration Guide
Use this guide to set up TikTok For Business for the first time.
By connecting Branch and TikTok For Business, the following is enabled:
- App conversion data collected by the Branch SDK is sent to TikTok For Business for attribution through the self-attributing network (SAN) integration.
- Read-only access to import click and impression data from TikTok For Business into your Branch account.
- Deep link into in-app experiences (campaign specific)
In order to enable TikTok For Business, you need to have completed the following:
- Created a Branch Dashboard.
- Enabled Universal Ads for your Branch account.
- Contact your Branch account manager or visit https://branch.io/pricing
- Implement the Branch SDK into your mobile app (iOS | Android)
- Admin access to your TikTok For Business account.
Click the Log In With TikTok button and follow the prompts to authenticate your TikTok For Business account
Be sure to read and agree to the permissions requested by Branch in order to properly authenticate.
In your TikTok For Business Events Manager, generate your TikTok App ID (TTAID) for your app (iOS and/or Android). You can learn more about the TikTok App ID here.
Once generated, copy/paste the respective TikTok App ID(s) into the TikTok For Business Ad Partner Settings. More than one TikTok App IDs can be added using a comma as a separator (no spaces).
Click the blue Save button to complete the authentication.
After authenticating your TikTok For Business account to Branch, navigate to the Events Config tab to configure your events.
It is important to add your event mappings here for Branch to properly send event metadata to TikTok For Business for attribution. You should see the events you are tracking with the Branch SDK here when you Add Event Mappings. For more details on the TikTok For Business and Branch event and metadata mapping, see the specifications here.
Additional Event Details
- If you plan to run TikTok SKAN Campaigns and are tracking Custom Events, make sure you map your Custom Event to TikTok's Standard Event.
Click the blue Save button to set your event mappings.
After configuring your events, navigate to the Attribution Windows tab to set windows by attribution type.
You have full freedom to choose your attribution windows; however, it may cause discrepancies between Branch and TikTok For Business when comparing reports.
Recommended Attribution Windows:
click to session start
click to install
click to conversion event
impression to session start
impression to install
impression to conversion event
In TikTok For Business Ads Manager, you can now launch your campaigns, and the integration will take care of measuring performance.
Please visit the TikTok For Business Help Center for details on campaign setup.
You can use a Branch Ad Link in your TikTok For Business campaigns for deep linking.
In your TikTok Ads Account:
- Click the Library tab and select Assets > Event > Manager App Event > Create New App to create a new app or view previously added apps.
- Provide your app's Download URL Settings. (Use your app's app store / play store address)
- In the Tracking Settings section, select Branch as your Measurement Partner.
- Place your TikTok For Business Link in the Click Tracking URL field and click Confirm.
- Place your TikTok For Business impression link in the Default Impression Tracking URL field and click Confirm.
Please consult with your app development team to set up deep linking for your TikTok For Business campaigns. TikTok For Business supports deep links using the following:
Updated about 2 months ago