What actions do Branch customers need to take to prepare for iOS 14?
We recommend confirming the following three actions have been taken to complete your iOS 14 updates:
- Ensure SKAdNetwork (SKAN) implementation. SKAdNetwork is Apple's attribution framework, facilitating ad measurement without device-level data. SKAdNetwork integration instructions are available here.
- Decide whether to show the App Tracking Transparency prompt, and integrate it if you decide to do so. If you want to continue receiving device-level ad attribution data, your users will need to opt in via the new ATT permissions prompt. Technical implementation steps are available here. We have also published a blog post with implementation best practices to optimize your opt-in rate.
- Engage with your ad networks to test SKAN-based attribution. We recommend reaching out to your network partners to discuss any campaign configuration updates. For a list of ad networks that have completed SKAN setup, click here.
For more information, please check out these additional resources:
- Branch iOS 14 Resource Hub. Central location for everything related to iOS 14 from Branch.
- iOS 14 Readiness Checklist. Interactive tool to help you check your readiness plans.
- iOS 14 FAQs. Our full collection of iOS 14 FAQs.
Updated almost 2 years ago