Advanced Conversions is Snap’s privacy-centric approach to digital advertising. It helps marketers meet their business objectives while respecting users’ ad tracking preferences via Apple’s ATT policy. This methodology employs a range of cryptographic techniques to measure aggregate conversion data, without tying off-platform activities (like installing an app or visiting a website) back to specific Snapchatters.
Advanced Conversions reporting is compatible for web and offline events via the Snap Pixel and Conversions API through integration with Branch through a Dashboard toggle.
Note: Snap Advanced Conversions is DISABLED by default; thus, Branch will only send iOS user data to Snap for those who have opted-in to ATT. Follow our guide on Enabling Snap Advanced Conversions to turn on.
When Snap Advanced Conversions is enabled:
- Branch sends requests to Snap for a claim for the install and conversion event(s).
- Branch will pass all iOS customer data to Snap regardless of ATT Status.
- Branch will NOT pass this data to other ad networks.
- Snap attempts to match incoming conversion events to ad exposures.
- Snap obfuscates attributes that are associated with individual users and devices (e.g., email address, phone number, IDFA) so that their identifiable information from Snapchat is not joined with identifiable information collected from other companies.
- Note: Snap does not reply to Branch's Advanced Conversion callouts, so Branch does not display Advanced Conversion data in our dashboard.
In the Branch Dashboard under Ads > Partner Management, find/search for Snap. If you're already logged into the Branch Dashboard, you can also click here to go there directly.
Under the Events Config tab, toggle on the Enable Snap Advance Conversions checkbox. Click the Save button.
Updated 12 days ago
|Snap Advanced Conversions Additional Details|