Branch can help track your Snap Ad campaigns through our integration with Snap.
Snap is a self-attributing network (SAN).
Snap campaign tracking can show you how many installs and conversion events were attributed to Snap, allowing you to make informed decisions with your advertising dollars.
Branch and Snap supports mobile app conversion attribution for the following campaign objective and goal-based bidding objectives:
Goal-Based Bidding Objective
Drive Traffic to App
Drive Traffic to App
Before you begin, be sure the following is confirmed.
- First, the Branch SDK must be integrated into your app, for both iOS and Android.
- You must also collect the IDFA on iOS, or the AAID on Android. For specifics, refer to the set up guide for iOS and Android respectively.
- Make sure to track all necessary events through the SDKs.
- Navigate to the partner management tab and search for Snap.
- Click Log in with Snapchat.
- Read and accept the Snap Advertiser Agreement terms if you haven't already.
Branch Admin Required
You must be an Admin on the Branch account in order to accept the Snap Advertiser Agreement terms. You must accept the terms to track your Snap advertising.
- Log in to Snap. Once logged in, accept permissions and click Continue .
Due to an issue with Snap Login, if you see the Snap "My Account" screen after logging in, you'll need to manually return to the Branch dashboard at https://dashboard.branch.io/ads/partner-management/a_snap?tab=settings. Click Log in with Snapchat again in the same browser, and you should see the Continue button instead of the login screen.
- Click Continue to return to the Branch dashboard.
- Confirm the ad accounts that you would like to track.
- Enter your Snap App ID. To use different IDs for your Android and iOS apps, check the Use different iOS and Android app IDs. To add multiple Snap app IDs, separate each value with a comma like app ID 1,app ID 2,app ID 3
Note: The Snap App ID is optional. It is not required for authentication & attribution to work.
- Click Save to finish.
Connecting Multiple Accounts
All SANs - including Snap - accept multiple accounts. However, only a single Branch user can authenticate the integration. This means that the single user must have access to all of the accounts you wish to connect.
Note: The Snap measurement integration requires you to have configured your Android and iOS apps on the Link Settings page. If those have not been set up, you will not be able to track ads and you may see a validation warning.
- Branch will purge last-attributed data after 60 days.
All attribution can be visible on the Branch dashboard summary page. All installs and opens registered from this channel will automatically be tagged with
Snap. Other analytics tags will reflect the campaign, ad squad and ad names you set up in the Snap Ads dashboard.
Note that these stats are limited to the date range at the top of the page. You can expand the range if you'd like.
Branch supports sending Standard and Custom Events to Snap. Here are the mappings for Branch events to Snap events.
By default, all events in the below table will be sent to Snap.
Branch Event Name
Snap Event Name
OPEN / REINSTALL
The below events can be sent to Snap by registering custom events that exactly match the Branch custom event name below. Snap does not accept other custom events, so they will not be sent to Snap.
|Branch custom event name||Snap event name|
Branch maps the following data fields from Snap to Branch.
|Branch Data||Snap Data|
|Branch metadata||Snap Metadata||Description|
|SKU (list of)||International Article Number (EAN) when applicable, or other product or category identifier.|
|Number of items.|
|Monetary value of the conversion event in float format. Please do not include currency symbols or commas as part of the value. (ex. single value: price=34.24, multiple values: price=99.43,45.34;34.27)|
|Currency in standard ISO 4217 code (ex. EUR, USD, JPY). Required if price is included.|
|The text string that was searched.|
|Level in the game.|
To view the cost metrics Branch provides, please see SAN Cost Data.
If you're seeing discrepancies, please see Common Sources of SAN Reporting Discrepancies.
- Snap Ads Manager time zones are set at the time your ad account is created. You can see your Snap time zone in your Snap Ad Account Settings, but you cannot change it. You can change your Branch dashboard time zone in Account Settings to match.
- Verify your Snap attribution windows match your Branch attribution windows. Ask your Snap account manager for your attribution windows. Your Branch windows are visible either in Link Settings (global windows) or in the Attribution Windows section of the Snap entry in Ads Partner Manager. Snap windows can be configured under "Customize Columns" in the Snap UI.
- When deep linking, create a link via the Branch dashboard. If you are running an app campaign, please ensure your link has
%24deeplink_no_attribution=trueas a query parameter to remove that link's ability to claim attribution, otherwise the link may claim attribution over the SAN claim. The link will still deep link.
- Snap's reporting API does not provide any "compare by" functionality outside of the ads analytics tags. So, you cannot compare Snap click + impression data by platform, OS or country, for example.
You can see analytics on impressions, clicks, installs, opens and conversion events on various pages of the Branch Dashboard.
We cannot send device-level Snap attribution data to third parties. Thus we cannot send events attributed to Snap via Data Integrations. Please instead consider analyzing this data in-house (using Webhooks, the Daily Export API, or CSV Exports), or using the Branch Dashboard for all of your analytics and attribution needs.
Branch and Snap are integrated for SKAdNetwork! For customers using the Branch SDK, Branch will provide Snap your conversion value mapping for campaign optimization.
Snap requires that Snap event names be used in order to make use of that mapping. In order to accomodate, Branch will send the Snap event name for your conversion values as long as you have the correct events mapped under Partner Management --> Event Config.
To check if we will send Snap event names for your conversion value mapping:
- Go to Ads --> Partner Management --> Snap --> Event Config
- Add Branch MMP to Snap. Select Branch from the 'Please share postbacks with this MMP' drop down field in the Snap App Details
- Ensure that the Branch events you are using for Conversion Values are mapped to corresponding Snap event names
Snap App IDs are generated by an advertiser in Snap’s Business Manager or when they register their app for Snap at https://kit.snapchat.com/ and tied to the advertiser’s organization ID. Snap App IDs are associated to an advertiser’s organization in Snap’s ad platform. If the Snap App ID is generated in Snap Kit, it will need to be linked to their organization in Business Manager.
Advertisers will only be able to build mobile app custom audiences from their mobile measurement events inside Snap’s ad platform from postback events that have their Snap App ID(s).
Learn more about the Snap App ID.
Snap Audience Network (SDK and RTB) is a network where advertisers can expand the reach of their campaigns beyond Snapchat. Conversion attribution will work the same as Snapchat conversion attribution and advertisers will have the ability to run a single campaign across both Snapchat and
the Snap Audience Network (SAN).
Learn more about Snap Custom Audiences.
Branch links are not necessary for attribution, however, you can insert Branch links into the Drive Traffic to App campaign type if you are trying to use deferred deeplinking (send users to a specific page after install+launch).
To use Branch links in your Drive Traffic to App campaigns:
- Generate/fetch your Branch link from the Branch dashboard.
- Set up your Snap campaign, selecting Drive Traffic to App.
- On the Build Your Ads page:
- Paste your Branch link into the DEEPLINK URI field.
- Select Web Site as the FALLBACK TYPE to ensure deferred deep linking via your Branch link.
- Finish building your Snap campaign.
Web Site as Fallback Required for Deferred Deep Linking
Please ensure you choose Web Site as the FALLBACK TYPE and inserting the same Branch link into the provided field. If you choose App Install as the
FALLBACK TYPE, users not properly routed will be sent to the App Store without the Branch link and deferred deep linking will not occur.
- If an Agency manages your Snap campaigns, please see Agency-managed SAN Campaigns.
Updated 4 months ago