In order to enable Google Marketing Platform, you need to have completed the following:
- Created a Branch Dashboard.
- Set your local currency.
- Enabled Universal Ads for your Branch account.
- Contact your Branch account manager or visit https://branch.io/pricing
- Implemented the Branch SDK into your mobile app (iOS | Android)
- Admin access to your Google Marketing Platform (DV360 and/or CM360) account.
Link IDs are needed for Branch to connect to GMP.
Link ID Creation
You only need one Link ID per app:
- If you are using both Campaign Manager and Display & Video 360, generate the Link ID in Campaign Manager.
- If you're only using Display & Video 360, generate your Link ID in Display & Video 360.
In CM360, go to Advertiser > Floodlight > Floodlight Configuration, and select the app you are configuring. Select Branch as your partner, and save the generated Link ID for the next step.
In DV360, go to Advertiser > Resources > Floodlight > Basic Details > Third-Party App Analytics > Edit. Select Create New Link, and choose your platform. Save the generated Link ID for the next step.
After inputting your GMP Link IDs into Branch, navigate to the Events Config tab to configure your events.
Limited Custom Events
Google Marketing Platform only supports 10 custom events, so we recommend choosing which events are most valuable.
You should see the events you are tracking with the Branch SDK here when you Add Event Mappings. For more details on Google Ads and Branch event & metadata mapping, see the specifications here.
After configuring your events, navigate to the Attribution Windows tab to set windows by attribution type.
You have full freedom to choose your attribution windows; however, it may cause discrepancies between the Branch and GMP Dashboards when comparing. It is recommended that attribution windows are set to be the same to reduce discrepancies.
Updated 2 months ago