Quick links can be used in your social media channels, blog posts, influencer networks, etc. You can create quick links on the fly and add custom redirections, analytics information, and social media tags.
##1. Name Your Link (REQUIRED)
Start by naming your link and creating an alias. Make the link title easy to remember for you and your team, as it will be displayed in the Quick Links table.
- In the Link Title field, provide a descriptive and memorable name.
- In the Link Alias field, provide an alias (AKA link slug) that ideally describes the landing page of the link. NOTE: This can’t be edited once the link has been created. If this field is left blank, Branch will generate a unique link hash for you.
- OPTIONAL - In the Original Web URL field, provide the original link to your landing page. Doing so allows Branch to fetch and fill data for a link from a page on your website, including open graph tags and other metadata. You’ll see this metadata appear in the optional sections later in this creator. This helps reduce the number of steps for you to create a well-configured link.
- Click Save & Continue.
We recommend adding analytics tags that can be used to filter and compare the performance of various links.
Available TagsSet tags on links in order to view performance on them in the dashboard:
Feature - Feature should describe the action or product where this link is placed. In the UTM world, this is typically
Channel - Channel should describe the platform or source from which you are expecting users to click this link. In the UTM world, this is typically
Campaign - Campaign varies from company to company, but it should describe the theme of the link. In the UTM world, this is typically
Tags - Tags are a free-form list of meaningful labels that can be used as filters in the Quick Links table. Use them to keep your analytics organized.
To add analytics tags:
- Using the drop-downs:
- Select pre-populated tags you've previously used in the last 30 days, OR
- Create a new tag by typing in a new tag and click Create XXX.
- Click Save & Continue.
Tell us what to do if the app is not installed when the user clicks on the link. We can take the user to the app store, open a web page, or open a deepview.
Links you create will automatically inherit redirects on iOS, Android, and Desktop per the default settings applied at your account level.
Here you have the ability to override those defaults and direct users to specific locations if the app is not installed.
Default Redirect - Set at the account level within Link Settings. Typically set to the relevant mobile stores.
Web URL - Send users to a specific web page if they don’t have to the app to avoid any unexpected flow to the app store.
Deepview - Send users to a specific Deepview you may have created within the Branch dashboard. Copy the key and paste it into the text box. This is useful if you want to present the user with a preview of the content before taking them directly to the app store, but should not be set for the Desktop option.
To override your default redirects:
- Using the drop-downs for the respective platforms, select the location you want users redirected to.
- Click Save&Continue.
Use this option if you are choosing a page that should always be opened in the browser. Examples include T&C pages and policy pages. We recommend keeping this unchecked if you have an in-app deep link.
Add the data that you want to be passed to your app via this link. This data is also used to configure link functions like routing, attribution windows, etc. All keys and values are case-sensitive.
Keys are passed as identifiers in Link Data. Think of key as the "Name" identifier of a person named John. In "Name: John", "Name" is the key.
Values are the information corresponding to keys. Think of value as the "John" value of a person named John. In "Name: John", "John" is the value.
To add link data:
- Click the Add Key/Value Pair button.
- Using the Key drop-down menu, select the key for which you want to pass a value.
- Using the Value drop-down menu, select the value for the key you selected.
- Click Save&Continue.
When a link is shared on social media platforms, it generally shows a preview of title, description, and image. Note that your image may be cropped and aligned differently depending on the social platform.
To add social media tags provide the following information:
- Image URL
- This will be automatically populated from OG Tags included on the redirection URL.
- To upload a different image, click the Upload Image tab and select the appropriate file.
- Click Save Link.
- In the Validation section, address any errors if they exist.
- In the Preview section you can:
- Copy the link
- Download the link embedded in a QR code (available in a JPEG or SVG file)
- Text the Link to any number you provide
- Click Close.
Using Branch's web extensions for Quick link creation enables you to quickly create links for any of your social marketing purposes without having to log into your Branch dashboard. These links can be used in your social media channels, blog posts, influencer networks, etc. They cannot, however, be used to create links for Universal Ads, Universal Email, or Journeys.
Download the Extension:
Creating links via the Branch Link Creator web extension requires you have deep link data hosted in your website source code. Read our article on Deep Links.
Before you can create a link, you must authenticate by providing your Branch Key.
- In the Add Branch Key modal, input your Branch Key. Learn how to find your Branch key here.
- Click Save Key.
Need to Change Your Key?
Click on the extension, and click Change Key.
You can define your link with the following:
- Branch automatically retrieves and applies the metadata hosted in your website code to your Quick Link. The following metadata is defined and/or can be edited:
- Link Name
- Link Alias
- Web-only Link - If you have a page that should be opened in the browser, use this option. Some examples are T&C pages, Policy pages, etc. We recommend if you have a deep link in-app, keep it unchecked.
- If App Not Installed - Always redirect to mobile web.
- Click Create Link.
Once created, you have several options to disseminate your link:
- Generate QR code (available as JPEG and SVG)
To create Quick Links in bulk:
- Navigate to the Quick Links page in the dashboard.
- Click the Bulk Create Links button.
- Select your CSV that includes the following for each quick link:
- Click Create Links.
How can I create a Quick Link for Snapchat?Snap won't let you attach redirecting links to stories. The following workaround disables the redirects until you get the link attached, and then re-enables them after you create your story. 1. Create your [Quick Link]() to be attached to your Snap story. 2. On the **Configure Options** section, do the following: a. Add the key $always_deeplink, and the value of false in the Deep Linking tab. b. Enable a Deepview on the iOS platform in the Redirects tab. 3. Attach this link to your Snap story. 4. Come back and edit the Quick Link to: a. Delete the $always_deeplink key/value from the Deep Linking tab. b. Remove the Deepview on iOS in the Redirects tab.
Updated 24 days ago
|Quick Links FAQs|