For iOS 15+ devices, advertiser apps can now receive the winning SKAdNetwork (SKAN) postback if they include
NSAdvertisingAttributionReportEndpoint in your app's Info.plist. This will allow you to send that postback to Branch.
Previously, postbacks were only sent directly to ad networks who would then forward them to advertisers and/or MMPs. With Direct Postback, marketers will be able to validate if the received data from networks is complete when looking at the total. Branch offers an endpoint URL that marketers can use to send a copy of these postbacks to Branch that can then be exposed via the Custom Exports API.
- Postbacks received will go through an additional validation process to ensure that the postback came from Apple.
- Postbacks contain the Conversion Value critical to advertisers that are used to measure user quality
- Gain access to all the winning postbacks, including those that were sent to Facebook and Google which only share aggregate numbers
- View redownload metrics
- Some ad networks don't share redownload data with Branch
- Full visibility into publisher level reporting
- View touch-type engagement & Conversion Value mapping
- Lower and Upper revenue value mapping
- Customer event alias mapping
In order to enable Direct Postback, you need to have completed the following:
- Implemented SKAdNetwork
- Running SKAdNetwork campaigns
Have the iOS Development team use the
NSAdvertisingAttributionReportEndpoint framework in your app's Info.plist adding the following Branch endpoint:
Using Branch's Custom Exports API, run an export to see postback data via the new topics:
Additional details on the fields of the above topics can be found here.
There is a new parameter called
advertiser_copy in the Export API which will be 'true' when the corresponding SKAN data is received from the advertiser app directly for ease of filtering.
No. The Branch Dashboard will filter the ad partner copies to avoid duplication, but exports will show the copies. Be sure to filter your export results using the
Yes. The advertiser will still depend on the ad network to decode some data. For example, only the ad network can map the SKAN Campaign ID to the Campaign Name. Additionally, ad networks can receive non-winning postbacks if they had a SKAN ad touch from a user that converted, providing some multi-touch data not available in Apple's direct postbacks.
No. Apple will only send additional postbacks for devices running iOS 15+.
Updated 12 months ago