Enable Engagement Builder
Enable Branch Engagement Builder to automatically upload audiences to your ad network.
By enabling Engagement Builder, Branch will be able to surface specific audiences to be used for re-engagement campaigns.
Please note that any use of imported user data to create Engagement Groups may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions imposed by those respective platforms from which the data was sourced. If you use the Engagement Builder feature, we recommend that you review the agreements you have in place with your partners to ensure you understand and can abide by, any limitations and restrictions from those platforms regarding the use of any data you import.
In order to enable Engagement Builder, you need to have completed the following:
- Created a Branch Dashboard.
- Enabled Universal Ads and Engagement Builder for your Branch account.
- Enterprise clients should contact their account manager to schedule deployment
- Implemented the Branch SDK into your mobile app (iOS | Android)
- Logged into the Branch Dashboard with the Engagement Builder Permission enabled.
Enable Engagement Builder
1. Create an Engagement Group
In the Branch Dashboard, navigate to the Engagement Builder screen, and click the blue New Group button.
2. Define Rules
Rules allow you to select users based on past behaviors and established attributes. Rules can be combined by using AND logic.
Select Target Platforms
Select Target Countries
You can select multiple from the drop-down. By default, No country restrictions is selected.
Select User Group Rules
In the last
Engagement Builder stores up to 6 months of historical data
|More than or equal to X times||1 to 100 Integer|
|Less than or equal to X times||1 to 100 Integer|
|Exactly X times||1 to 100 Integer|
|Between X and Y times||1 to 100 Integer|
Once rules are defined, click Save & Go To Next Step.
3. Choose Permissions (OPTIONAL)
To share access with third parties connected to your account, click the Select partner dropdown, and Add the agency and/or ad partner.
To be able to view, edit or download the engagement group, they will need relevant permissions enabled on their account.
4. Connect Engagement Group to an Ad Partner
Using the Select Ad Partner dropdown, select Facebook or Google Adwords, and use the Select Ad Account to find your ad account.
You can continue to use the AND logic to add both Facebook and Google Adwords.
Custom Audience Terms
To upload the data to Facebook, please agree to the Facebook Custom Audience Terms at
For Facebook, you must do the following if you already had Facebook integrated with Branch:
- Navigate to your Facebook Settings in the Branch Dashboard
- Hover over the cog icon, and click Reauthenticate
- Note: This will cause a slight discrepancy in the Branch Dashboard as it reestablishes its connection to Facebook.
For Google Adwords, you must do the following:
- Reach out to your Google Ads account manager to enable and use Customer Match.
- Agree to the additional permissions (if applicable) when prompted before being able to integrate your engagement group with Google.
5. Select Scheduling
选择更新参与组的频率“One-time” 仅创建一次导出文件，而 Daily 将根据开始或停止满足条件的用户自动刷新 segment。
- 选择 One-time 或 Refresh Daily。
- Refresh Daily—参与组每24小时重新生成一次。
You can have up to 10 engagement groups set to actively generate engagement group data.
6. Set Engagement Group Name
7. Confirm Your Engagement Group
Updated 2 months ago