- You must have the web SDK installed on your website to run a Journey. The Branch SDKs for deferred deep and contextual deep linking help you grow your apps and websites with deep links that power referral systems, sharing links and invites with full attribution and analytics. If you've integrated the Web SDK already and you're still seeing issues see the Web SDK troubleshooting guide.
- If you do not see the journey loading, confirm with your developers that this was loaded on all web pages.
If you choose to target iOS or Android users but haven’t integrated those SDKs, your Journeys will still show on the correct devices and direct users to your app. However, you won’t be able to get any install or event attribution for your Journeys, and you will not be able to deep link users to content inside your app.
Be sure to integrate the Branch SDK into your app. If you've integrated the iOS SDK already and you're still seeing issues see the iOS SDK troubleshooting guide and/or Android SDK troubleshooting guide.
If you are testing a journey and it is not displaying, you should review your dismissal settings. If you clicked to dismiss the Journey and you are not in an incognito browser, it will not display when testing. We recommend testing in incognito and to check your dismissal settings.
You will see a warning if your audience rules do not add up to 100%. If less than 100%, the remainder will see whatever is normal behavior for your website. Your Journey will still run.
Click here to read about the value to use for
Please make sure to add
[branchsubdomain] to the CSP header for your pages. We've seen some browsers that attempt to block it outright. You can deliver this in an HTTP header from your web server, or you can add a simple metatag to your site like so:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="default-src https://[branchsubdomain]; child-src 'none'; object-src 'none'">
If you're not using a mobile viewport tag (
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">) because your site isn't mobile-optimized, Journeys will appear shrunken. Not to worry, here's a workaround:
- Design the banner as you would like it to appear on your site
- Go to the CSS editor and scroll to the bottom of the CSS code
- Add two properties to the #branch-banner selector
The image will not look appropriately scaled in the editor view because the dashboard is mobile optimized. Use the preview test link on the Validation screen to make sure the banner appears correctly.
- From the Configure Views screen click to the Page Placement tab.
- Under Does this banner scroll with the page, or stay fixed in the frame? select sticky.
- Click Save & Close.
- Then, add the following div to your nav
Updated 25 days ago