The introduction of iOS 14.5 came with the rise of SKAdNetwork (SKAN) which had industry-wide impacts on the mobile measurement and attribution ecosystem. As such, TikTok For Business will work similarly to most non-self-attribution networks when it comes to SKAdNetwork campaigns.
The Branch SDK can be used to manage all calls to SKAN. Once TikTok For Business is integrated and authenticated with Branch and the SDK is tracking events, TikTok For Business will forward individual SKAN postbacks to Branch.
TikTok Campaign Type
SKAN Support for Branch
TikTok App Install
TikTok App Engagement
Does not support SKAN
Ad Network ID
Source App ID
Ad Set ID
Ad Set Name
In order to enable TikTok For Business SKAdNetwork, you need to have completed the following:
- Enable TikTok For Business
- Access to Apple's developer tool.
DEVELOPER MAY BE REQUIRED
Authenticating your app requires access to Apple's developer tool App Store Connect as Branch requires several IDs and a key to complete authentication and sync the correct app to your Branch account.
- Issuer ID
- Key ID
- Private Key - learn how to generate a Private Key
To configure SKAdNetwork functionality:
- Navigate to the SKAdNetwork Configuration Tab in the Branch Dashboard
a. In the left-hand navigation, under Channel & Links, click on Ads.
b. In the Ads sub-menu, click on SKAdNetwork.
c. On the SkAdNetwork page, click on the Configuration tab.
- On the Authentication tab, please provide the following App Store Connect information:
a. Issuer ID
b. Key ID
c. Private Key
- Select either "Admin" or "App Manager" access level
- Click Save & Continue.
- Once your App Store Connect account is authenticated (denoted by a green checkmark), please verify the correct app has been synced and click Integrate.
App Store Connect Credentials
App Store Connect credentials are used as a one time check to verify app ownership. These credentials may be removed after the App Integration step is complete (green checkmark appears next to "App Integration"). Remove credentials by selecting "Reset App Store Credentials". The SKAdNetwork integration is complete and valid as long as the App Integration step is completed.
In the SKAdNetwork Config section of the Branch dashboard, select the
YES radio button to have the Branch SDK handle all calls to SKAdNetwork.
Do NOT opt-in if you decide to:
- Integrate directly with SKAdNetwork and call the SKAdNetwork functions natively.
- Use another 3rd party library to handle your app's interactions with SKAdNetwork.
Custom Events need to be mapped in the TikTok For Business Events Config so Branch can share the conversion value with TikTok.
- In the
SKAdNetwork Configsection of the Branch dashboard, select all app events you want Branch to send to Apple for attribution.
- You may optionally select a Customer Event Alias and/or a Revenue Range to further distinguish the conversion value.
- Assign unique values to each event (Apple accepts any number from 0 to 63) that represent their level of importance to you, where 63 is the highest priority and 0 is the lowest priority. Apple will always use the event with the highest priority, regardless if an event with a lower priority was tracked afterward.
Revenue Range Guidance
- Revenue range is available for all Commerce Events where revenue is available on the event (Purchase, Add to Cart, Add to Wishlist, View Cart, Initiate Purchase, Add Payment Info, Click Ad, View Ad, Reserve, Spend Credits).
- Revenue must be entered as USD on the dashboard. Branch will convert revenue with different currencies on events to USD.
- Revenue ranges must not overlap for the same event (Ex: 1-100, 50-150).
- Lower Bound Revenue is inclusive, Upper Bound Revenue is exclusive.
- While not necessary, it is recommended to include both a lower + upper bound on every event.
You may view performance of your SKAdNetwork Campaigns through the SKAdNetwork Activity Tab
For additional details on the reporting capabilities, dimensions, etc. please see the following guides:
Updated 2 months ago