Branch Certified Partner
This guide will walk you through how to setup your campaigns with Tiktok Ads using Branch Universal Ads and track ad conversions across every device, platform, and channel.
DEVELOPER MAY BE REQUIRED
The following Universal Ads prerequisite includes providing URI schemes and other components that may require a developer:
The following Universal Ads prerequisites involve app code changes:
- Visit the Ads page on the Branch dashboard.
- Select Partner Management from the sidebar.
- Search for your Universal Ads Partner.
- Select TikTok and hit Save & Enable.
Basic postbacks will automatically be activated for events like Install and Purchase when you enable your ad partner.
You can then add additional postbacks, for example, if you wanted to add postbacks for custom events that are specific to your app like Account Created.
You can also edit postbacks if there's additional data you really need to pass along to your ad partner.
By default all the Standard TikTok Events are enabled. For all the standard events enabled, the Goal IDs are hardcoded in the postback by default.
Please note that TikTok uses the POST method, so all the data will be visible in postback body.
If you want to add a non-standard event, click Add Postback and enter the Goal ID for that event in the text box.
There may be times when you need to reset a partner's settings; i.e. when a partner updates their postback templates or when perhaps you've made a mistake during partner setup. Resetting a partner's settings allows you to re-enable the partner integration with the correct information to accurately measure and attribute conversion.
Disables Ad Partner
Resetting partner settings will:
- Disable the ad partner.
- Clear out all of your saved credentials and postbacks that are already setup.
- Return the ad partner to its basic configuration.
To reset Tiktok's postbacks:
- Click on the Account Settings tab.
- Click the Reset All Settings button in the right-hand corner.
In your TikTok Ads Account:
- Click the Library tab to create a new app or view previously added apps.
- Provide your app's Download URL Settings. (Use your app's app store / play store address)
- In the Tracking Settings section, select Branch as your Measurement Partner.
- Place your Branch link in the Click Tracking URL field and click Confirm.
- Place your Branch impression link in the Default Impression Tracking URL field and click Confirm.
Updated 5 days ago