Branch connects to Google Marketing Platform (GMP) to surface ad-drive app conversions in the Branch Dashboard.
Google Marketing Platform includes the following products:
- Display & Video 360 or DV360 (Formerly DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM))
- Campaign Manager 360 or CM360 (Formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM))
View Through Attribution
Click Through Attribution
App-to-App Deep Linking
Web-to-App Deep Linking
Deferred/Direct Deep Linking
- Branch connects with Google Marketing Platform (GMP) through an API Endpoint through account authentication in the Branch Dashboard through Link IDs set up in GMP.
- If you are using GMP as a campaign manager, and a third party for the ad inventory, see the Attribution Claim Scenarios to get additional details.
- Events are configured to send from Branch to GMP.
- Once campaigns are launched, users see an ad to download the app.
- User installs the app and performs in-app events (ex. PURCHASE)
- The Branch SDK captures the app install and downstream events.
- Branch communicates with GMP through the API Endpoint and sends GMP data about the conversion.
- GMP claims conversions by sending the click or impression campaign data that sourced it to Branch.
- The Branch Dashboard will update reports for you to be able to compare and measure ad campaigns across platforms, secondary publishers, etc.
- If you are not using Branch Links, you can only see the fields provided by GMP.
For customers that utilize GMP Ad-server and use trackers on 3rd party platforms (ex. DSPs like The Trade Desk) to get unified reporting in GMP, the attribution claim to Branch will depend on the setup in GMP.
CM360 + Third-Party Media Source
DoubleClick Manager (DCM) parameters are included in the conversion response, and Branch ingests the DCM parameters.
Attribution conversion credit goes to the third-party media source.
Note: You will need to use Branch Ad Links with the
CM360 + DV360 Media Source
DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM)+ DCM parameters are included in the conversion response, and Branch ingests the parameters.
Attribution conversion credit goes to the DV360 Media Source
DV360 Media Source
DBM + DCM parameters are included (since a CM360 account is created when a DV360 account is created) in the conversion response, and Branch ingests all parameters.
Attribution conversion credit goes to the DV360 Media Source.
Branch Event Name
GMP Conversion Type
Updated 3 months ago