As part of the App Store Connect submission process, you will need to fill out Apple’s Privacy Practices Questionnaire where you will provide information about your app’s privacy practices, including the practices of third-party partners like Branch whose SDK code you integrate into your app.
You must select answers from the options presented in App Store Connect. Please keep in mind:
- Branch’s SDKs are fully configurable by you, both in the data we collect on your behalf and how you use that data. Accordingly, you should identify all possible data collections and uses, even if not outlined here or even if certain data will be collected and used only in limited situations.
- Your answers should follow the Apple App Store Review Guidelines and any applicable laws.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your responses accurate and up to date. If your practices change, update your responses in App Store Connect.
You’ll need to confirm the types of data that you and/or your third-party partners including Branch collect from your app before answering the questions in App Store Connect.
- Contact Info: No
- Health & Fitness: No
- Financial Information: No
- Location: No
- Sensitive Information: No
- Social Information: No
- Contacts: No
- User Content: No
- Browsing History: Yes, Branch collects this data on your behalf
- Search History: No
- Identifiers: Yes, Branch collects this data on your behalf
- Purchases: Optional, Branch can collect this data on your behalf
- Usage Data: Optional, Branch can collect this data on your behalf
- Diagnostics: No
- Other Data: Yes; Branch collects this data on your behalf (e.g. device metadata features such as screen size and operating system version)
You will need to have a clear understanding of how each data type is used by you and your third-party partners including Branch. Branch provides deep linking and attribution analytics services.
- Third-Party Advertising: No
- Developer’s Advertising: Yes
- Analytics: Yes
- Product Personalization: Yes
- App Functionality: Yes
- Other Purposes: None
You’ll need to identify whether each data type is linked to a user’s account, device, or identity by you and/or your third-party partners. Data collected from an app is usually linked to the user’s account, device, or identity, unless specific privacy protections are put in place before collection to de-identify or anonymize it.
Please note, in using our services, Branch may provide the ability for you to associate the data it collects on your behalf with the resettable cookie and advertising identifiers. What associations the customer is capable of making (e.g. to a customer account or an identifiable individual) is unique to the customer and at its own discretion.
You’ll need to understand whether you and/or your third-party partners including Branch use data from your app to track users and, if so, which data is used for this purpose.
Branch collects user data to provide deep linking and attribution analytics services for app downloads and installs.
Updated 7 days ago