In order to easily test your campaign setup, we recommend you first add a test device to your Branch account. Doing so tells Branch servers that resulting conversions from said device are for testing purposes only; i.e. these conversions will not be considered normal traffic and therefore not be treated as such.
As Branch only allows one install event per unique device to ever be measured and stored, if you do not first add a test device, you will only be able to test the install conversion event once ever.
In order to identify your device as a test device within Branch, we require you to provide one of the following device IDs:
- Android: Google Advertising ID (GAID)
- iOS: Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA)
Use Branch's Device ID Finder App
If you do not know how to access your device's IDs, you can use Branch's Device ID Finder app to easily see your device's ID.
To ensure you can use your device to test:
Keep In Mind...
- You can add up to 50 test devices per app in your Branch dashboard.
- Any user can add a device for testing, however, you must have Edit access to remove a test device.
- The test device is specific to the app you add it under. If you use it to test other apps, Branch will treat it like live traffic and it will be attributed and used for downstream analytics.
- These test devices will work in both the live and test environment. You only need to add it once!
- In the left-hand navigation, under Configure, click to the Test Devices page.
- Click the Add Device button.
- In the Add Device modal, provide the following:
a. Device Name
b. Device ID
c. Device Platform
- Click Add Device.
If you need to test the install event more than once, you need to reset your test device data after each install attempt. Not doing so results in the next install attempt being marked as
To reset your test device data:
- On the Test Devices page, find the test device you want to reset and click on the
- Click Reset Device Data.
- In the pop-up modal, click Yes, Reset.
Updated 4 months ago