Snap has introduced upcoming restrictions for User-Level Raw Data Exports (‘Log-Level Restrictions’) that will impact all third party MMP platforms that work with Snap Branch customers will experience the effects of this change starting January 3rd, 2024.
With this change, Snap is requiring log-level data to be scrubbed. There will be restrictions to log-level view-through conversion data, limiting certain fields such as campaign-level data and timestamps. This impacts the following Branch products:
- The Daily Exports, Custom Exports, and Scheduled Log Exports APIs
- Third-party Data Integrations
- Ad Partner Postbacks
Advertisers can still see Snap as a media source for view-through conversions; however, campaign-level breakdowns will be unavailable for raw data exports. Campaign-level aggregate data will continue to be provided through the Branch Dashboard, aggregate-level APIs, and through Snap's own reporting interfaces/APIs.
For attribution reports that include view-through engagement, Branch will make the following adjustments to de-identify such data:
- The Media Source (PID) will be Snapchat, and will not otherwise be obfuscated or restricted.
- Snap campaign information will be removed, specifically:
- Ad Account ID
- Campaign ID
- Ad Squad ID
- Ad ID (and associated names)
- Attributed touch time will be reported as date only (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Deep link URI information will be removed
|external_intent_uri, universal_link_url, android_app_link_url
Ready to learn more about our Snap integration? View our guide here: https://help.branch.io/using-branch/docs/snap