Currently, when a user downloads an app by clicking a Journeys CTA button, our system will not update the user's has_app flag to true (indicating that the user has the app installed, until there is a "strong match" created).
In order for a strong match to be created, a user can:
- Go back to the page with the Journey
- Re-click the CTA button and get directly deep-linked into the app (which creates a strong match)
Our system will take about 5 - 10 mins to learn that the user has the app installed. After that period, when the same user refreshes the page with the Journey, the CTA text should change from "GET" to "Open".
Also, when the app is frequently re-installed on the device, the flag that Branch uses to determine whether the app is installed on the device, has_app, goes in a faulty state.
To force reset the has_app variable to change the Journey's banner CTA from 'Download' to 'Open', please follow these steps:
- Click on the Download button - this should redirect to the Play or App Store
- Install the app
- Return to the web page with the Journeys banner, which should still display the Download button
- Tap on the Download button again - the app should open (once you update the entitlements file to include -alternate.app.link) and data specified in the Journeys configuration should be available to the app
- Close and then re-open the web page with the Journeys banner - the banner should now have an "Open" button
- Tap on the "Open" button
It might take some time for the CTA button to update. It could be up to 30 minutes during peak hours.
Updated almost 2 years ago