Taking into understanding that your app's Branch SDK integration is set up just fine and Universal Links are enabled, this seems to be an issue where the AASA files are not getting downloaded in the device.
There is a known universal bug for Apple where devices for iOS version 11.x+ , the AASA files do not get fetched and thus causing the Universal Links to fail.
To troubleshoot, try the following:
- Follow the steps outlined in this guide to validate if your AASA file successfully downloaded.
- If the issue persists, check on the following:
- Uninstall the app from the device
- Restart the device
- Reinstall app
It may take 2-3 tries for this to work. Normally, the Apple OS looks into retrying to fetch the AASA file at some time interval but the workaround might help for a test condition.
- Inside the app, check if the AASA files were downloaded successfully or not. To do this:
- Copy the link into your notes app.
- Long-press the link till a dropdown appears. If the dropdown shows 'Open link', then Universal Links are not working for that device. If the link shows 'Open in app name', the configuration is working fine.
Updated 6 months ago