On Android, if the App Links are enabled correctly, they should never show the dialog box to choose between a browser and the app as mentioned in the Android documentation.
- Confirm the device browser is NOT the default handler for xx.app.link domain.
- Android App Links sets the app as the default handler for a domain (i.e., xx.app.link). If a user clicks a link before App Links is enabled, they’ll have the option to open in browser or in-app. If the browser is selected with “always”, that domain will never open the app.
- Reset browser defaults: Settings → Apps → select the browser → Defaults → “Clear Defaults”.
- If one domain is failing verification, App Links is disabled for every other domain too.
- Every domain & subdomain in Manifest must host a DAL file at: https://[domain]/.well-known/assetlinks.json
- Even if
autoVerify="true"is not in all intent filters, Android will scrape every domain.
Confirm Branch dashboard & all other DAL files contain the correct SHA 256 fingerprint.
Confirm app’s compileSdkVersion in build.gradle is 23+.
All link domains must be publicly accessible (not behind firewall/vpn) and accessible by Google's bots.
Validate App Links: Install app > connect device to Android Studio > ./adb shell dumpsys package d.
Updated almost 2 years ago